Friday, November 28, 2014

Giving Thanks...

Thanksgiving did not play out the way I had planned, but I'm thankful my sweet man was home to help. 

We had to miss Thanksgiving with my family because I was sick. 

I was bummed to not see all of my family, but I felt like death and all I wanted to do is sleep.

So I slept.

Amelia was so upset, she cried. 

And then cried some more. 

She wanted to go to her Aunt E's and see her cousins. 


Daddy saved the day. 

He got them into the kitchen and let them bake cookies. 

Amelia came around and ended up telling me, "I really wanted to go see Kandace, but it would have made me sad to leave you here all alone, so I'd rather be here with you."

At first, she was saying they could just leave me home and they could go. HA!


I sent them with their Daddy to see his side of the family on Thanksgiving Day.

I wasn't up for another meltdown over not seeing cousins.


My sister-in-law sent me these pictures while they were at her house.


They played dress-up and had a fashion show.




They had the best time with their cousins/best friends!


And even though I wasn't there to enjoy it, I count my blessings. 

These three, beautiful people are at the top of my list. 


“Thanksgiving-giving thanks in everything-
prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ.” 
-Ann Voskamp

Love to all,

No comments: