Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Highlights: Christmas with Friends

Early December, I hosted a Christmas party for my friends from church.

This is the first time I've hosted anything in my home in over two years. I've missed it!

It might sound crazy, but having a second child really rocked my world. There are several things I stopped doing after having Sydney. Due to having a baby, having major surgery, etc., I feel like I'm just getting back to my normal self. I look forward to having more friends into my home in the new year!

I didn't go all out on decorating.

My front porch had a few decorations to greet my friends and I decorated the mantel.


It was potluck and these girls brought a spread of food. 

It was all so yummy!








I made hot cider and coffee punch.


Y'all, this coffee punch is AMAZING. 

My sister gave me the recipe. 

I want this at every party from here on out. 

Recipe:
1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 cups freshly brewed coffee (I used pre-made/unsweetened Starbucks iced coffee)
Coffee Ice Cubes (I made these with the Starbucks iced coffee)

Just mix the above ingredients and top each cup with whipped cream. 

I totally forgot to set out the whipped cream, but it was still delicious!


We played the Favorite Things Giveaway and the Purse Game. 

I love seeing what women carry in their purses. HA!

It was so much fun. 

After the party, I went across the street to get my neighbor to take a group picture for us. 

As I was walking back, I could see all of my friends talking/laughing and my heart felt so full. 


There is absolutely nothing like the gift of girlfriends. 

I need them in my life and I'm grateful for each and every one of them.


Love to all,

No comments: