Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Highlights: Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning with kiddos is always so much fun.

We decided to do four gifts for our girls this year. 

Something they WANT, something they NEED, something to WEAR, something to READ. 

I loved this and want to make it a new tradition in our home. 



I love seeing their faces on Christmas morning. 

When they round the corner and see the tree...their eyes light up and smile!


We've had these ponies hidden since October! 

They were a huge hit. 


They rode these at Holiday House this year and loved them. 

Who wouldn't love them!?? 

This was their WANT. 


We had horse races all morning long.


They both received art kits. If you know Amelia at all, you know she NEEDS this. 



She has been making cards, writing letters, and drawing pictures for everyone she knows.




The girls have seen commercials for "stretchies" (about one thousand times) and thought they were the coolest thing ever. 

We went to pick them out and Alex found Ninja Turtle stretchies. Amelia is obsessed with TMNT.


And Sydney is obsessed with whatever Amelia is obsessed with.


They were thrilled. 


Something to READ. 


Time for stockings!



Sydney's favorite thing was a Bubble Guppie toothbrush. 


Sprinkled swim goggles. 

Great for bath time. :)


Alex gave me a Nespresso machine and I LOVE it. 

I can make my own lattes and cappuccinos at home. 



This was my something to READ.


The girls filled my stocking with my favorite chocolates. 

They spoiled me this year!!


They gave Daddy a new calendar for his office. 


He loved his new journaling Bible.


Time for breakfast!


Amelia made place cards for everyone. 


I made Erin's breakfast casserole again this year. It's so easy and delicious. It's best to put it together the night before and keep it in the fridge. That way, you just have to pop it in the oven on Christmas morning and it's ready by the time you're finished opening gifts!


Alex wore the striped pajamas all morning. The girls thought it was hilarious. 


We played with our new toys after breakfast.









It was a very Merry Christmas for The Averitt Fam!


Love to all,

No comments: