Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving Time Is Here...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. I love this time of year!

I had my first Thanksgiving meal last night at Journey Women's Group + my second Thanksgiving meal tomorrow at Journey Homegroup + two Thanksgiving meals with our families next week and that = Jill needing stretchy pants in the very near future. My love runs deep for homemade cranberry sauce and dressing. 

Amelia and Sydney had a Thanksgiving program at CBS this morning. 


Amelia is a head taller than the boys in her class.

My tall girl!


You can't tell it in this picture, but Sydney was pretty excited to be on the stage with her big sister. She talked about it all morning.

They asked all of the little ones, "what are you thankful for?"

The first kid said, "my mama and daddy."

And every kid after that started saying, "my mama and daddy."

I started praying that Sydney would say the same thing.

And she did.

I could just hear her saying, "when I not get spankin'" or "poo-poo."

Because the word "poo" is hilarious to a two year old and it's one of her favorite words.

The child has a way of keeping me humble. I never know what she's going to do or say.

She looked so stinkin' cute on that stage!


They asked each child in Amelia's class "what is Thanksgiving?"


I loved hearing their answers.

Amelia said, "I believe Thanksgiving is a time for my family to get together and praise Jesus."


So, it's best they put a microphone in my kids face and not mine.

Because I might have said, "dressing and cranberry sauce!"


Amelia was pretty sad that her Daddy was missing their program.

So thanks to FaceTime, he was in Oklahoma for work AND in Arkansas at CBS.


My little pilgrims.


I love these two so much.


And I appreciate their teachers so much.


They're all precious ladies and put so much time into teaching the kiddos.


We went to CFA for lunch and played with some friends from CBS on the playground.

Long naps immediately followed.


It was a good day.

I'm thankful for Community Bible Study.

Love to all,

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

This might be one of the funniest and cutest posts I've read in a long time. Out of the mouths of babies and you... love the differences.

Happy thanksgiving friend!