Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Just Like That...

I was at a birthday party last night. Someone asked me how old Amelia was and I told them she was three years old. 

She's four years old. Almost five.

Not sure where my brain was at the moment, but in all honesty, I think it was just wishful thinking. 

When I think about her turning five years old, I get weepy. 

I remember this face like it was yesterday. 

(July 2013)

She was about to do something she had never done before.  

She was excited.

But she was nervous.


I noticed her biting that bottom lip.


She asked me to introduce her to one of the teachers, just so she would know someone. 

She wanted to see me peeking through the glass window every time she looked up.


And now a year has passed by, just like that. 
(July 2014)

There's no fear, no worry.


She walks in and smiles and waves goodbye.


No introductions needed.


No biting of the bottom lip.


She doesn't need to see my face through the glass window to chase away the fear.


It seems like just yesterday that I was glancing in the rearview mirror to steal glances of my tiny newborn.


Time passes, just like that.

Love to all,

3 comments:

Lauren and Eddie said...

I'm going to cry! Five seems SO big to me and we're just three months away!

kelliegene said...

This was precious and made me tear up...but that might have been the "Forrest" music playing in the background. Sniff. I wonder if Amelia will even comprehend how many prayers have been lifted for her precious little self. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Faith said...

Oh, my heart. I just cannot handle how quickly time passes. Love this beautiful, big girl!