Monday, June 2, 2014

He Is Home...

Do you ever feel like you don't belong? 


I have felt like this a lot, lately. 

I read THIS blog post this morning and just cried and cried.

In the busy
In the quiet
In the laughter
In the crying
In the fighting
In the hugs
In the giving
In the receiving

It can still be lonely. 

There can still be a feeling that we don't belong.



I find myself looking to things and others to make that lonely feeling disappear. Knowing very well, it's not their job. 

What I need...it's not in them. 

And I get mad and my feelings get hurt and God gently reminds me: 

He will lift my head.

He will fill that huge hole of desire.

He will speak peace to my heart.

What I need...it's in Him.

All my brokenness is a whisper that I don’t belong, and every time I don’t feel like I belong, the Scarred and Rejected God whispers, “Come here, my beloved.” -Ann Voskamp


God always brings me back to this question...
Where is my heart? 
Where is my treasure? 

I get distracted with the things of this world.

And they always steal my peace.
They steal my joy.
They make me feel like I don't belong.

My desire is to raise them to have a heart after God's own heart. 
I pray that He'll break their hearts for what breaks His. 
I pray they'll pour themselves into things that make an eternal difference. 
I pray they'll store their treasure in heaven - not here on earth. 

Start with me, Father. 
Start with me.


"In Christ, you’re a native of heaven right now. You aren’t a citizen of here trying to work into heaven. You’re a citizen of heaven trying to work through here. When your ethnicity is heaven, then all adversity offers the gift of intimacy, driving you into the home of His heart." -Ann Voskamp


Home is where the heart is.

He is home.

Love to all,

2 comments:

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

love this, this feeling is more common then we realize, the enemy likes to make us think we are alone, and your so right we have to find our completeness in God:) love you!!!

Momx6 said...

We all struggle with different things - but the answer is always the same, exactly what you wrote. Love you! Proud of you!
Momma