Thursday, April 24, 2014

Child of the One True King...

Yesterday was Amelia's closing program at Community Bible Study. We only have one more week of CBS and then it's time for summer break. We're going to miss it! We've already registered for Fall semester.  I'm going to miss the ladies in my class. We just love it so much.


Poor Sydney. I always have to wake her to get ready for CBS. She loves her sleep. She just wanted her sunglasses and paci this morning. She was too sleepy to even eat breakfast!


Amelia was so excited to see her Daddy on the front row for her closing program!

I actually took my good camera and then couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. I forgot to put the memory card back in the last time I transferred pictures. 

I'm in need of a new memory card for my brain.


She was a little nervous until she spotted us. 

They all did a great job.


The older kiddos (ages 5-teen) did motions to the song "Child of the One True King." 

I start crying every time I think about it. 

They each wrote something on a sign - something people have said to them a lot. 

Which was so brave. They were being vulnerable in front of all of these people they don't even know. 

These were things they were choosing to let go and not believe anymore. 

I was shocked at what I was reading. 

Little boys and girls holding up signs that say:
"I'm fat" 
"I'm a weird shape"
"I'm not pretty" 
"I'm not smart" 

I WAS A MESS.

It broke my heart. 

And the Mama inside of me wanted to hunt down whoever said those things to these children and tear.into.them.

At the same time, it was wonderful to see what CBS is doing in the lives of these children. They're teaching them who their true self-worth and confidence should be in, despite what mean people say. They're teaching them scripture and songs to fight those lies from the enemy. And that is awesome!


We love the children's director, Mrs. Steffanie! She loves the kiddos so much - she knows every single child's name at CBS and greets them every single week with a smile. She also led the music in the children's department. 

Sadly, this will be her last semester. We will miss her!


Amelia with her teachers, Mrs. Charlotte and Mrs. Amber. She talks about these ladies like they're her best friends. She adores them. They are so loving and have taught Amelia so many things about the Bible. They make it a point to teach the importance of hiding God's Word in your heart. I just appreciate the time they give to teach my child.


Sydney with her teachers, Mrs. Paula and Mrs. Jeri. They are two of the sweetest ladies you will ever meet. They are SO PATIENT with the kiddos. They call Sydney their baby and have given her the nickname "BOSS LADY." HAHA!! They know her well!! I know they love her because Sydney can't wait to see them every week. It's always a clear sign of how your child is treated when they march right into a room and don't even look back to say bye. :)


Daddy took us to lunch after Amelia's program. 


She chose Cracker Barrel. She loves Cracker Barrel and I'm convinced it's because there's a store with toys connected to the restaurant. She knows we'll walk through the store after we eat. 


I put the girls down for a nap after lunch. I walked in to find Amelia asleep with baby Jesus on the pillow next to her. It made me giggle.


We played outside after nap time. The girls played with their "living sand" for a while. I love that it doesn't make a mess!


I also love these shorts that I found for Amelia at Target. I hate really short-shorts and these are the perfect length for my long-legged girl!


We rode bikes for a while too.


And then we moved to the backyard and jumped on the trampoline. After we were worn out from that, we had some iPad time while Daddy grilled dinner!


And we ended our night with making brownies. 


It really was the perfect day.

Love to all,

No comments: