Monday, January 13, 2014

Amelia's First Haircut...

That's right, she's four years old and this was her first haircut!


I've been wanting to do this for a while but she was convinced it would hurt.

Note to self:  Don't refer to it as a hairCUT.  It's a hairTRIM.  

Cuts hurt.  Trims do not.


She wanted me to get my hair cut first, so she could see what it was like.


That didn't seem to help though.  She ran for the door and said she wasn't doing it when it was her turn.  


And then Allison pulled out the bag of suckers and she jumped right up in that chair. 

Never underestimate the power of a dumdum!

She was still nervous.  


Her hair is so long and she wanted to keep it that way.  I really just wanted the ends trimmed - they were looking rough.


Once the initial cut was made - she seemed to actually enjoy it and sat very still.


Almost finished!


Me and my girl.  She stuck it behind her ears right before the "after picture" so it's hard to see the difference in the before and after.  Hooray for no more dead-ends! :)


Thanks to Aunt Joy and Pryce for giving us two hours, just the two of us.  It was fun!!


My baby is growing up.  

Love to all,

1 comment:

Faith said...

I cannot get over how long her hair is! So pretty.

And I absolutely love your hair curled like that. Gorgeous!