Wednesday, January 15, 2014

All You Need Is Love...

I don't know how it happened but I'm sick again.   We had to miss Bible study this morning - that was a  bummer!

My girls do not understand when Mama is sick.  I feel like I'm walking around in a fog.  And when I lie down, Amelia says, "why are you laying down, I don't want to take a nap!!" HA!  They just want life as normal. 

Amelia requested monkey bread for breakfast yesterday, so I obliged. 

I made mini monkey breads in the shape of a heart.


I have prayed for peaceful days.  Because I don't have the energy to break up fights all day long.  All I want to do is lay on the couch and sleep.  

The girls have been so good and just lay on the couch with me and watch TV.  I even caught them giving each other loves.  Sydney isn't a real lovey-dovey child, so Amelia was eating this up.


My Uncle Kevin was so sweet and dropped off soup and mac-n-cheese for lunch yesterday!  


I didn't tell the girls about the heart shaped cookies until after nap time.  They were pretty excited. 


Amelia saw them and said, "what in the world, I want Uncle Kevin to teach me how to decorate cookies like that!"


My brother reminded me of these on Sunday, so I made the girls homemade donuts this morning.  And by homemade, I mean store bought biscuits - cut into shapes - and deep fried. :)


I won't be putting Shipley's out of business any time soon.


But the girls seemed to enjoy them.


Especially this girl!


We ended yesterday by playing Bible Eights.  Playing cards with these two clowns is a riot. 


Being sick is no fun but I'm thankful for the family that has loved on us the past two days.  I'm so very thankful that when I'm sick, Alex has been well.  I couldn't do it without him.  

The girls are down for naps now - and this Mama is going to join them!

Love to all,

No comments: