Monday, April 22, 2013

Our life lately...

This is a random post about what we've been up to lately.

I'm two days away from surgery day.  I'll be having a total hysterectomy so lifting my girls will be out of the question for awhile.  I'm cherishing every bit of snuggle time beforehand and if this one reaches for me, I pick her up!!


We do lots of curbside and CFA when Daddy is out of town.  This was last week when we enjoyed shakes after dinner.  We don't give Sydney lemonade often - she barely took a breath while drinking it!


I hosted a 31 party for my SIL last week.  It was at dinner time so I did lots of appetizers.  I tried out the Velata cheese fondue and it was really good.  We had the chocolate fondue for dessert - so yummy!


Speaking of parties.  I L-O-V-E the new Martha collection at JCP.  I purchased a few things for my 31 party.  Super cute stuff for a great price.  They have the giant balloons that I've wanted to use for past parties and lots of candy to choose from.  I'll be going back for those balloons and more for Amelia's next party!



We had lunch a Purple Cow last week.  Aunt Joy joined us!  We always love time with her.


I love this picture of Sydney.  Lately, she loves wearing bracelets and carrying a purse.   She was crossing her little arms to keep her bracelets on. 


I was so excited to come across a Livie & Luca sale online.  65% off!!  We usually buy fall shoes/boots at the outlet mall while on vacation.  Now we just have to find boots/shoes for Amelia because Sydney is set!


Alex and I had lunch ALONE and it was such a treat.  Love this man so much.


I had a hair appointment after lunch with Alex.   I hadn't been to the salon since right after Sydney was born, so it had been almost a year.   My hair was in need of some TLC.  I had several inches cut off and it feels great!


We celebrated my nephew's 18th birthday on Friday evening.  I can't believe Cody is graduating this year!  I've been working on his graduation video for my sister and pretty much bawl the entire time.  My nephews/nieces are growing up so fast.  I remember when they were the age of my girls.   Makes me feel like I'll blink and I'll be working on Amelia's graduation video.

Which FYI: it's impossible for me to put 18 years worth of life into three minutes of video.  Just sayin'.  HA!


Papa and Granny were in town for a couple of days.  Amelia always loves for her Granny to read and sing to her at bedtime.  She goes right to sleep afterwards.   We look forward to having my Mama here after my surgery.


We went to dinner over the weekend and Amelia was stuck to her Daddy like glue.  I love seeing them together.  He's the best Daddy to our girls.


These pictures are from yesterday.  I usually take pictures of the girls right before church.  I love Sydney's facial expression in this picture.   She has the prettiest blue eyes.


And Amelia has beautiful hazel/brown eyes.  Oh this girl makes me laugh.  Her new thing when she's in trouble is to tell us "you're really discouraging me."  Heaven help.


We came across a photo booth over the weekend.  If Amelia spots one - we have to get our picture taken.


It's actually a lot of fun and I love having them from when Sydney was just a teeny-tiny with a huge paci larger than her face.  We plan on having a lifetime of photo booth pics.   We'll be cramming ourselves into that booth until we just can't fit anymore!  And how much fun to go back and see how we've all changed. 


I bought Amelia a new floor puzzle.  She was given a floor puzzle for her birthday and puts it together A LOT.  These are so good for kiddos.  She had it put together in about 20 minutes.  I need a good Melissa & Doug sale to come my way so we can stock up!


Alex and the girls gave me an early Mother's Day gift.  We started one of these bracelets for our Mothers last year and I wanted one myself.  This is the bangle bracelet - it only holds about 7-8 beads so you can switch them out as you receive new ones.  They ordered me an "A" bead to represent Amelia to go on the opposite side of the "S" for Sydney.  The red bead in the middle represents the month of July - the month we married.   I just love it!


Okay, so this is one of my favorite pictures.  It was taken this morning!  Our strawberries are growing and turning red and we're SO EXCITED!!  Amelia is excited to see strawberries.  I'm excited that we're keeping the garden alive.  I'm already dreaming of the new things we'll plant next year.  I want my Mama to teach me to can tomatoes if we have enough!


I have lots to do over the next two days.  Alex keeps reassuring me that he will take care of everyone/everything and I know he will, but there's still something inside of me that always feels so unprepared before surgery.  Like I should be doing something!  

Love to all,

4 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Praying for you as your surgery day approaches. Your girls will be fine and well loved whether you can hold them or not. I know you will miss those snuggles though. :) Amelia's response when she gets in trouble cracks me up! Oh, that child is something! Dillan has told me before, "Mommy, those aren't nice words" when he gets in trouble. :)

Lauren and Eddie said...

Praying for your surgery, Jill! These girls are SO sweet!

Shannon said...

No wonder I didn't know you were having surgery, I'm just now catching up on blogs! Praying for a speedy recovery. Sounds like your hubby and family will take great care of you. :) I loved all the pictures, especially of Sydney with her bracelets! Too cute!!

Faith said...

Love so much about this post. Thanks for the Martha tip - I'll have to check JCP out. I love those pictures of the girls - they are both beautiful. Sydney is a girl after my own heart loving her some cfa lemonade. And, that Amelia is just too much. Love her!

Still praying for a speedy recovery. In the meantime, you just sit back and relax and let those who love you take care of things. Wish I could be there to help! <3 you.