Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

I love Valentine's Day.

I always loved picking out valentines in grade school.  I loved making a box to put on my desk and opening each and every envelope placed inside.  I'm always tempted to design a cute valentine for Amelia to give her friends and then I remember just how much fun it was to choose my own valentines.    She chose valentines with suckers and pencils this year.

Even when I worked outside of the home, I was the one who took valentines and candy to leave on all of my co-workers desks.  I'm sure they thought I was goofy but I loved working with them and wanted them to know it! :)

We gave the girls a few fun, little things.  Their envelopes have a DVD, heart sunglasses, things like that.  Amelia has been asking for the heart blanket every time we're in Target, so I decided to pick it up for Valentine's Day.  She also asks for the superhero Veggie Tales DVD every time they watch it at church or we're in the book store.  She says she wants to be Larry Boy when she grows up.  Sydney is received a DVD, banana snacks and sippy cups.  I purchased her a book from Paper Hat Press but I'm saving hers for her birthday. They're super cute books and you can personalize them for each child.



We all received flowers from Daddy this year!  
He loves us well!


He also picked out cards for the girls and gave me a beautiful box of chocolates.  
They are so yummy!
Amelia is making me share.



Alex with his three Valentines. 


We all exchanged Valentines.  

Amelia's plays music.  
We'll be hearing "you know you make me wanna shout!' for months. 


We gave Daddy a new wallet with his monogram. 
He also received some coupons for fun stuff, like hugs, lunch date, staring contest, 
cupcakes, back rub, etc.

Amelia wrote him a song.  

It went something like:
I love my Daddy
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day
I won't call your car old and busted
You're my Daddy
You're so handsome
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day

She sang it to him to a tune that she made up all by herself. 

It was special. :)


Our sweet Valentines.


Amelia Joy.


Sydney Faith.
It cracks me up that Alex picked out that DVD for her. 
He calls her his little Gruffalo.  I didn't realize there was a movie!


"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." -1 John 4:7-8

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love to all,

1 comment:

Megan said...

You ALL got flowers??!! What a sweet husband and daddy! I love watching your family, you are such a good example. Also, I love that painting of the trees. I sort of need it (duh Trees!)