Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Little Surprises and Party Planning...

We've had a lot of doctor's visits lately, so we like to award Amelia for good behavior.  Especially when the doctor's visit includes an S-H-O-T.  She always tells us that "she was so brave."  Alex told her that he would be bringing her home a little surprise after work yesterday.  He walks through the door and says, "you're going to kill me."  My first thought was that he bought her another giant stuffed animal.  Her stuffed animals are taking over her room and she loves them ALL so much that I don't dare get rid of any.  She has an animal backpack that tore, so I was going to find another one to replace it.  She broke down into tears and said, "we don't get rid of toys when they break, we fix them!!" 

Thank you, Doc McStuffins.  

So Daddy safety-pinned her backpack together and all was right with the world. 

But girlfriend does not need another stuffed animal!

So he looked relieved when I was worried it was a stuffed animal and walked through the door with a basketball goal.  

Ya know...a "little" surprise.

Even though we have two different ideas of a little surprise, I couldn't be upset.  She LOVES the thing.  And she's actually pretty good!  I loved basketball and really hope my girls will choose basketball as the sport they love to play.  So why not start 'em early? ;)  Sydney was precious and just sat on the box and watched Amelia.  When we would cheer, she would say, "YAY!!!" and clap her hands. 


This little baby is turning ONE in March.  Her first year has flown by for me.  The thought of not having a squishy baby to pick up out of a crib makes my heart hurt.   


We're in full party-planning mode over here.  I racked my brains on what the theme of her party should be.   It's in March so I can't really have an outdoor party like Amelia's parties, it's too cold.  But I want it to be super special.  We do a big party for their first birthday and then friend or family parties after that. I swore at one point in my life that I would never do a character party.  I have always found them to be cheesy. (HA!) But my girl loves Winnie the Pooh so we're going with it.  She watches Pooh Bear on DVD while I'm doing things in the kitchen.  She stays glued.  I hadn't really watched Winnie the Pooh until we bought Sydney a DVD...it's pretty stinkin' cute.  We're going with the classic Winnie the Pooh and throwing in honey, bees, beehives, etc.  It has been a fun party to plan!  We're not going over the top with Pooh Bear but he'll be found in the favors and in little ways around the party.  He was definitely our inspiration!  

We've started receiving packages in the mail almost daily.  It's fun to open them up and see what will be inside.  Something as simple as straws and cookie cutters can get Amelia so excited.  She loves to plan a party.  I love that about her.  I've been racking my brains for cute ideas for drinks at the party and yesterday it hit me.  I started texting my sister with excitement.  Yes, I'm a dork.  I just love and appreciate parties with little details that make it fun and special for everyone.  


Natty Michelle designed our invite and I LOVE it.  I love everything she creates.  


We're also in the middle of planning our Valentine party for this year.  The theme is "You're my cup of tea!" We've invited eleven little girlfriends and can't wait to have our first tea party.


I'm thankful my girls were born in October and March.  It gives me lots of time to recover and start planning the next party! ;)  It's something I truly enjoy and it doesn't matter if a party is over the top or super simple.  There are always ways to make your guest of honor and guests feel special.

Love to all,

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Cant wait to see party pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kaysie said...

Love the party themes! It drives my husband crazy that I will start planning so far ahead for a party. His 30th is in July and I've already got ideas going through my head! ;)

Kodi said...

I love that you do the Valentine's party. I hope to do that soon...Maybe next year.

Clarice said...

First birthday's are ought to be made special.You may also personalize your plans with a Birthday Party Rentals services. They would suggest you unique ideas and will also help you pull it of smoothly without any worry. Looking forward to know how you have planned everything.

Paula Keller said...

OMG Sydney looks sooooo much like Amelia! LOVE! You have such a beautiful family. :)