Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here...

This is a recent pic of Amelia that I love. My girl loves to wear hats. Sometimes it's her Daddy's ball cap or a straw hat w/a large flower, but thankfully on this day it was a sweet, girly hat. :)



I had an EARLY doctor's appointment this week and woke up to snow! It was just a dusting of snow, not enough to play in, but pretty to look at and enough for Amelia to make a tiny snowman to keep in the freezer. It's still in there...she goes to the freezer to visit him every day. (LOL)



We had a special movie night this week. After bath time we made hot cocoa, turned off the lights, and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. Amelia was glued. Her favorite character was Snoopy. I loved just watching her face the entire time.



Alex put up our tree several days ago but I just got around to putting the ornaments on this afternoon. I wanted to surprise Amelia when she woke from her nap. We came around the corner and she said, "OH WOW!!"



I took part in an ornament exchange hosted by several bloggers. I received the prettiest ornaments from my partner, Jenn! She sent me this "A" and snowflake ornament and a pretty frame ornament that I still need to put a pic in. Thank you so much, Jenn. I'll think of you every time I look at them.



I put a special ornament on the tree for Amelia. It's the one she can play with and touch as much as she wants. It has a button that she can push and it sings "Hark the Hearald Angels Sing." I'm hoping this will keep her from touching/breaking all of the other ornaments. We'll see. So far so good. :)



We accomplished a little decorating today. I'm not going all out like I usually do but have a few things I definitely want out. I love seeing my girl's names on their stockings. :)



Christmas is only 17 days away. Can you believe it!???

Love to all,

5 comments:

Hillary said...

She looks SOOOO sweet in her little hat. She is such a beauty! And what a great idea about giving her one Christmas ornament. You're so smart.

andreajennine said...

That picture in the hat is just darling.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

We have a similar rule for the nativity...the boys are only allowed to touch their Fisher Price Little People nativity. :) Our tree is still ornament-less so we may need to do the same with ornaments! Your tree is beautiful...especially with your girl in her PJs standing in front of it.

Mazzy said...

I love these pictures, so lovely. My pregnant Christmas last year was also much scaled back on the decorating and I didn't want to stress myself out too much. I LOVE that you have stockings for both girls. LOVE.
xoxo

Faith said...

Look at their stockings!!! Love =)

Your tree looks so pretty. And, that little princess in the hat could not be any sweeter. Love her!