Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Punkin' Patch...

We've been telling Amelia for a couple of weeks now that we were going to the pumpkin patch this month. This was our first free weekend so today was the day! She was pretty excited. She kept saying, "going to punkin' patch!!"



This was when we first arrived. She was sleepy from the ride and not quite ready for her picture to be taken.



Alex said she needed to feed and pet the animals. Thank the Lord for hand sanitizer :) They had pigs, goats, calves, and ducks. She LOVED feeding the baby goat. We asked her afterwards what animals she saw and she said, "I feed goat grass." She also says she met "Ivia & Ian the pig." She loves the cartoon Olivia. (LOL)



My favorite thing was watching her with the calf. It would lick her hand and she would laugh so hard.



I think about when we took her last year...she couldn't even walk. She has grown so much.



She insisted on walking the entire time - but once she saw Daddy with the wagon - she wanted a ride!



We picked a pretty cinderella pumpkin and let her pick a few little pumpkins as well.



She held her 3 little pumpkins the entire way home and even asked to take a nap with them. How cute is that?



It was such a fun day with our girl. We were talking about next year - we'll have an almost 3 year old and a 7 month old. Can hardly imagine!!



Love to all,

7 comments:

Joannah said...

LOL! The "punkin'" patch! That's where I got my Little Baby Punkin' (Michaela). ;)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Jill, she is such a doll! Amelia has pretty smile. I'm glad she will pause long enough for you to take her picture. :) that doesn't happen often around here! I love her cute shirt! Did someone make it? Next year will be extra fun at the patch...:)

Ashley said...

Sounds like such a fun day! And she looks so adorable! Next year you'll have two little sweeties holding pumpkins! : )

Perfectly Imperfect said...

she looks like she had such a good time!!

Jen said...

Oh how fun!! We are planning a pumpkin patch trip sometime this fall (after soccer) and your pictures make me so ready to do it! Love that precious baby!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww, what a fun day! the boys fed the animals when we went too (post is in draft form right now :)) and that was one of their favorite things!! I love talking about the littles' ages and who we've added each year going to the pumpkin patch, I have that in my post too! so sweet and is such a blessing! Makes me so thankful. :) I can't wait to see your pics next year!! :)

Paula Keller said...

Oh Jill, she's getting SO big!

I just read the crib post below! WOW! Mine are long legged also. Lauren has started climbing all all over the furniture, so I'm so afraid of her climbing out the crib. As it is now, they party when we leave sometimes, and that is in separate cribs. Can you imagine the parties when they can just get out of bed? haha!

I LOVE that you used "mission impossibled" as a verb and I knew EXACTLY what you meant! :)

And, oh how I love me a pajama day!!!