Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wedding Shower for Mary Lee...

Alex's cousin, Clay, is marrying beautiful Mary Lee. I was honored to have the shower at my home. Her save the date was in yellow, grey, & white, so I knew that would be my color scheme immediately. This was the invite that I ordered from Natty Michelle. They have her maiden monogram at the top. I think this is the prettiest invite I've ever used. This isn't the best picture but they turned out so cute.



I ordered cookies from Robin and let me tell you - they were not only the cutest cookies ever - they were delicious! I asked everyone to bring a recipe for Mary Lee since it was a kitchen shower. I wanted to use a recipe box for the recipe cards but the one I ordered was too small. I used a small album instead.

(Click on pics to enlarge)


These were the recipe cards with her married monogram. I sent one of these with each invite. She received some tasty recipes at the shower!



On the menu: Napa Valley Chicken Salad Pie, Blueberry Scones, Sour Cream Biscuits w/jam, Fruit Salad, and Petit Fours. My sweet sister, Joy, helped me make the scones right before her surgery. They freeze so well and it was a huge time-saver to just pop them in the oven the morning of the shower. I've never really had a scone that I like. They're usually very dry. Not this one - SO GOOD!



Erin gave me her Mom's recipe for a very tasty punch. It had fresh bananas in it...it was a pineapple/orange/banana punch. Seriously one of my faves now. I made a batch for our Mother's Day get-together too!



My SIL, Sara, helped me with the table. She (and her Mom) let me borrow so much - one of the things being the giant silverware. I was going to serve food off them but Sara had the wonderful idea of standing them up and using them as a centerpiece. It was so stinkin' cute.



Mary Lee opening gifts. She received some beautiful things.



Some of the guests...



Three of their grandmothers were there. I loved talking with them...they were so sweet.



Mary Lee with the hostesses.



Mary Lee and her beautiful Mama!



Mary Lee with her MIL, Grandmother, and Mom.



Me with the bride-to-be!



Mary Lee, we are so excited for you to officially be a part of our family! We wish you and Clay all the love and happiness in world. Praying that God guides you in your new adventure as husband and wife. We love you both dearly.

12 comments:

bb said...

You.... are an amazing hostess. Maybe I'll pick your brain whenever I decide to have a proper birthday party for A. You are awesome!!

Courtney said...

Jill, you are looking good! Are you still dieting? You look great! Also, that fork/spoon/knife centerpiece is cute! Was that a gift for the bride or was that yours?
Looks like a great party, even from just reading your blog I'm sure you've got the spiritual gift of hospitality!

Mary-Lee said...

It was an amazing shower and I was so honored!!! Thank you for make this special day so perfect!

Jenna said...

Girl you know how to throw a party! I know she must have loved every minute of it. And everything looked amazing! ESPECIALLY you! You are looking awesome, my friend! So beautiful, inside and out. Love you!

Shannon said...

What a cute shower! Those giant pieces of sliverwear! Adorable! I also loved the invites and receipe cards. Too cute!

PS You are looking GREAT by the way!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

LOVE the big fork, knife, and spoon...love them! I'm glad you shared this AMAZING shower with us but now I really want a sour cream biscuit and a scone. :)

Ashley E. said...

First, look how skinny you are!! I can really tell you have been losing weight! Looking good girl! Second, can I please PLEASE hire you and Joy the next time I do a shower?! Y'all are so creative!

Mazzy said...

I love the colors. I am drooling over a diaper bag in those exact shades right now, actually. So chic!

You are such an amazing hostess. Everything looks SO GOOD. Those biscuits and fresh berries/pineapple are making my mouth water.

And PS-YOU LOOK SO GOOD. Your gorgeous little face is just glowing. Your eating plan is working great.
xoxo

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

love it! I always have fun looking at your shower pictures. You do a great hostess job!

andreajennine said...

I'm so intrigued by the Napa chicken salad pie - share the recipe? And seconding the other comments about how cute you look!

Faith said...

This is so super cute! Love all the details - the giant silverware centerpiece was perfect!

And, you my friend look amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Nicole said...

So sweet! And I love that your outfit matched the party. :)