Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our weekend...

We've had a fun, busy weekend. When Alex got off work on Friday, we headed to Blytheville to spend the night. Amelia slept the entire way. It took her a little while to fall asleep at the hotel, but once she did - she was out. She slept until 9am on Saturday! We all needed the sleep. And yes, that's my husband behind that scruffy beard. He kept telling me that he was participating in no-shave November, but Amelia and I told him that we were going on a kissing-strike if he didn't shave! (LOL) Needless to say, he shaved this morning! ;)



We woke up on Saturday and headed to New Madrid, MO to celebrate this sweet girl's first birthday! Seriously, look at that face. I wanted to bring her home with me, but her Mama said no. Sara threw the cutest party. We had chinese food and ate out of colorful chinese take-out containers. She made homemade fortune cookies. She even made Millie's cake...it was so cute and yummy! My heart hurt when we had to say goodbye. I miss them so much. I just keep reminding myself that Thanksgiving isn't very far away!



We stopped in Osceola on the way home. We took my parents to dinner and then hit the road again. We stopped a couple of times - Amelia was a fan of getting out of her seat, even if it was just for a few minutes. I can't say that I blame her...she had to spend a lot of time in that seat this weekend! Speaking of car seats. We have to decide on one soon...she is too big for her current seat. Makes me a little sad to switch her over to a bigger seat, but it's time.



We went to church this morning and then had lunch with some church fam at Five Guys. Their burgers are so good! We came home and took a nice nap. This evening we headed out to our nephew, Jack's football game. His team made the super bowl! :) We had fun watching these little guys run the ball down for a TD and tackling each other...they were so cute!



We stopped at Mimi's for dinner and then came home. This poor baby girl was worn out. Her Daddy gave her a bath & bottle and she was out within a few minutes.



I received Amelia's birthday photos and will be posting them soon. They just make me smile every time I look at them! Such a fun day.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Love to all,

2 comments:

Glitter & Bliss said...

Hi!!! I am so sorry that I have been such a stranger. I want you to know that I keep up with you and little.....precious....darling...
Amelia. She is growing up!! I can't believe she is 1. Give her a hug for me. Leslie

Shannon said...

What a cute themed birthday party! My mind is constantly thinking about Westin's 1st birthday. Such a special time!!

I'm so glad you met my mom. Now you have seen both my parents in person. Hahaha

Thanks again for Westin's goodies! :)