Friday, September 24, 2010

Crazy Love...

I am happy about so many things right now. One of them being, I started back with my LG gals on Monday night! I have missed these girls. For a while now, I've had a church-related commitment on Monday nights. It just worked out that my church commitment changed nights, so I can now go back to LG!! A couple of the girls left before we took this photo, but this is most of them.



We're going through the book Crazy Love right now. This book is crazy-good and crazy-convicting. I ordered some special cookies for our first night. We discussed the preface for the longest time and barely got through chapter one! There was so much to talk about. I told Alex that I hope I didn't talk to much and they let me come back! (LOL)



I'm also happy that it's Friday!! Amelia had trouble sleeping Tuesday & Wednesday night. She woke up at 2am and ended up in our bed both nights. I just can't sleep when she's in our bed. She ends up stuck to my side and I wake up all night moving her over. I think she's experiencing discomfort with having four teeth coming in. :( We had home group last night and as soon as we arrived home, we all went to bed. I pray over Amelia every night before bed, but I have to admit, I said a few extra selfish prayers last night. We all needed sleep. God answered my prayers...she slept until 9am this morning! She also took two lengthy naps today. PTL!

In other news...I've needed to de-clutter a few areas in my home, so yesterday I scheduled for Amelia to spend the day with my friend, Heather. Her husband had taken the day off, so they loved on my baby girl and took such good care of her. Heather has a love for children like I've never seen. I just thought I loved babies, but this girl would have a baby on her hip at all times, if she could. Amelia got to play with new toys and pull out all of Heather's tupperware...she was in heaven! Heather sent me photos all throughout day of her playing, which I loved. She's the first non-family member to keep my baby and I'm so thankful for her and how she just loves Amelia like her own.



Joy came over to help me work on the areas that needed attention and this was one of them. She actually worked on the pantry. I wish I had thought to take a before picture, but trust me...it was ridiculous. She threw out SO MUCH. Thanks sis!!



Amelia and I had a lazy day at home today. No plans. It was wonderful. I took a blanket outside and believe it or not, this is the first time that I've done this with her. We go on walks, but she's in her stroller...this was the first time she has played outside on the ground.



She just looked around...taking everything in. Now that it's getting cooler, we're definitely going to spend more time outside. She was watching the fed ex guy in this pic. I'd give anything to know what she's thinking. She doesn't look too impressed.



Playing with her puzzle...



She wasn't a fan of the grass. As soon as she would put her hand on it, she would get back on the blanket. She's going to be just like her Aunt Joy! (LOL)



I was taking her picture while we were outside and she started taking the lens cover and putting it up to her eye. I think she was mocking me! How cute is that?



Definitely a fan of getting out of the house and playing outside!



And she's also a fan of this guy coming home! She now crawls as fast as she can to him when the door opens. She loves her Daddy.



We have big plans tomorrow. Our Hogs play Alabama!! We're watching the game at my B-I-L & S-I-L's home. I can't wait!! My S-I-L made this sign. She painted it freehand. She's working on four different ones for me right now. I asked her why she hadn't painted before and she said, "I didn't know I could." If you're a Hog fan and interested in ordering one of these, let me know...I'll share her info!



Wooooo Pig Sooooie!!!

5 comments:

AJAH said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you're back at LG!!!! I love my SIL!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

She painted that by hand! Even the hog? Amazing talent.

This post made me smile in so many ways...reunited with your LG girls, Amelia's sweet self sitting on that red blanket, your sister helping you declutter...all such good things. :)

Have a great weekend, Jill!

Jen said...

Can't wait to see you today and I'm so happy we are both back in LG! It is such a blessing.

Woooooo Pig Sooie!!

Betsy said...

Don't you love days with nothing to do?? Those are the BEST! Amelia is so precious. I love all those cute pictures. Especially the one with her daddy. So sweet! What is LG girls? I've never heard of that!

Have a great day, Jill!

Faith said...

I'm so glad you have such an amazing group of women to be a part of! I still need to finish reading Crazy Love - I'm such a terrible reader of books!

I adore that sign! It makes me wish I could paint, but I cannot. Have zero talent in that area. Haha!