Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Last Father's Day, I was carrying Amelia in my belly. This year, we're carrying her in our arms. I have to say, having her here makes every holiday so much sweeter! Last night, Alex was working on a little project outside that had to be complete before leaving town again. He took a little break to come in and tell Amelia goodnight.



She wore her I LOVE DAD pjs in honor of Father's Day. :)



This morning, Amelia and I ran to Sonic and Starbucks to grab breakfast & Daddy's favorite latte! When we got back, he opened his cards. We actually gave him his Father's Day present early. A new fishing rod & reel!



Amelia watching Daddy open his cards. One of his cards played music...she really liked that one. She plays with dried parsley and onion when she's in her high chair. Give the girl toys and she throws them in the floor. Give her spices and she will play all day!



Alex, you are a wonderful father to our baby girl. I love to watch you with her. You love her so much and would do anything for her. You were promising her a pony on day one in the hospital. (LOL)



When out of town, you call to talk to her on the phone, which I think is so sweet. You pray over her every night before bed. You practice Da-da-da-da with her every day...you really want this to be her first words! You dance around the house with her and sing sweet songs to her. Amelia will have no doubt that she is a beautiful little girl who is loved by her earthly father, but more importantly her Heavenly Father, because you tell her on a daily basis. I love you so much, sweetie. Thank you for working so hard to take such good care of your girls.



I would also like to say Happy Father's Day to my Daddy! This pic is right after I told him that I was pregnant with Amelia. :) Daddy, thank you for your unconditional love. Thank you for always being there to answer my questions about the Bible, my car, my washer/dryer, taxes...I could go on and on! You aren't perfect, but you have a love for Christ and for others like no other. You make friends with everyone you meet. You've been hurt in ministry many times over, but are always quick to forgive and get right back in there. You taught your children that ministry, service, and sharing Christ's love are what we're here on this earth to do. Thank you for the Godly example that you live on a daily basis. I love you, Daddy!



And Happy Father's Day to my F-I-L. You can't see their faces in this pic, but it's still one of my faves. This is of Alex and his Daddy praying together on the day Amelia was born. I tell Alex that if he wants to know what he's going to look like when he gets older, just look at his Daddy. He looks just like him to me. A very handsome man. :) One of my fondest memories is going on vacation with Alex's parents a couple of years ago. Alex wasn't able to go, so I rode with his parents to the beach. His Dad would get up and have coffee and breakfast ready and waiting on the entire house! Treated me like a princess the entire time. :) I love you, Steve!



The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. -Psalm 37:23

Happy Father's Day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill,
What beautiful things you've written about the fathers in your life. You have such a beautiful family and I'm so thankful that you all ate so happy.
I look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Love always,
Bekah

Amber said...

That picture of Alex with his dad brings tears to my eyes. I pray that my husband will become a Christian man that leads our family and prays aloud for us. I know we are both "babies" in Christ and it will take time.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

twondra said...

This was beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

such a sweet post, I sent it to steve, will probably make him cry:)

Mandy said...

Such a sweet post!

Kristina said...

beautiful!

Lauren said...

WOW, this was so incredibly sweet and LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture!!!

Mazzy said...

I just didn't even think it was possible, but that girl gets more beautiful with each passing day. You are blessed with such amazing men in your life! Glad their day was so special!!