Friday, May 14, 2010

Dinner for the Duggars...

As you may already know, we love The Duggar Family. It's one of our favorite shows on TV. They're a sweet, Christian family who just happen to have 19 children. :) My friends, Heather & Heather asked me and Joy if we would like to help make dinner for The Duggars. We of course said, YES! Joy and I have been wanting to take them dinner, since finding out their baby girl was in the hospital. Cooking for people is something we really enjoy! I know it's only one meal, but it's one less they have to worry about cooking.

Here's just a few of the groceries we bought to make the meal. Can you imagine making a meal for that many people, 3x's a day, 7 days a week!? :)



We made them a Mexican fiesta! We took 4 pans of enchiladas...



2 pans of Spanish rice...2 containers of homemade salsa...chips...and 2 gallons of homemade punch! There were actually only about 15 of them in town that day.



Here are a couple of their little ones helping Joy up the walkway. :)



Jackson Duggar took a real liking to Rosie (Hannah's little girl).



He even picked a flower and gave it to Rosie! How cute is that!?



Little Jordyn Grace. :)



Jackson and Paxton (Heather's little boy). He was so out-going...he followed us out to the car and just talked and talked! :)



Jim Bob was so nice and ran upstairs and grabbed one of their newest books for all of us. He signed them for us while we were there and told us how Josie was doing. I pray that she gets to come home for good, very soon!



Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. -Psalm 127:3-5


Love to all,

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that. They actually live about 20 minutes from my house. It is kinda funny how I realized that. I was taking my dog to a breeder over by their house and was told by someone where their house was. I just thought it was kinda cool that I actually drove by their house, them being famous and all. lol If we had cable I would definitely watch their show. She has spoke at our church before but I didn't get to listen. I happened to have strep throat on the day she came. pooo

Mandy said...

I think that's so neat! I remember you meeting them at the store too. I know you said the Heathers connected you and Joy to them, but is it just coincidence after meeting them once or how did that all work out?

I have SO MUCH respect for their family. They seem so sweet and have such a love for God. I LOVE their show!

Betsy said...

I love the Duggars, too!! I know it's been hard for them living in a totally new city and being out of their own house for so long. They have handled all that with so much grace. But I know they truly appreciate people like y'all bringing dinner! So fun!! It looks delicious, too!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I know your good cooking was a blessing to them! Jill, I love your servant's heart.

amy said...

HOW cool!!! You are a blessing to so many, Jill. Even the famous. hee hee. Hope their baby girl is doing well.

Joannah said...

What a great experience! They are an incredible family.

Shannon said...

How fun! That looked delicious! I don't know if you went thru Amy or not to bring them dinner but she is coordiating their meals. That is my cousin's wife. :)

Nitzia said...

what a blessing!!! i really adimire this family, they are a true example of a christian like family :) if you ever hear or know about another chance to take them a meal i would LOVE to join you guys and help out some too :) let me know :)

Heather said...

That is SOOOOOO cool!!! And what a blessing to them!!! Now I am craving some Mexican food! ha!

Michelle said...

Awesome and what a great way to help them!
Im a devoted watcher...I record it every week!

Heather Bug said...

YAY!!! Jill, THANK YOU so so much!! Y'all went above and beyond! Y'all are the BEST!!! LOVE these pictures!!! I love, love, love the one of Jackson giving Rosy a flower!! SO cute!! So thankful for you, girl!

Faith said...

Seriously, SO COOL!!! What a neat experience. I know they must have been so thankful for the meal, and it looked absolutely delicious too!