Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in pictures...

We had five different Christmas celebrations with friends and family. I knew that I didn't want to do five different posts. I also knew that putting all of the pics from each one would be ONE LONG POST, so I decided to do a small collage of each one. You can click on the collage to enlarge.

We first went to my Daddy's hometown and had Christmas with my Grandma, many aunts, many uncles, many cousins, etc. I always look forward to my Aunt's creamed corn and dressing...it's AWESOME!


Then we had Christmas with the Averitt side of the family...it's always super loud and lots of fun! :)


Then we had our Christmas Eve service with our church family. Before the Christmas Eve service, we went to Mimi's and had a late lunch/early dinner. We pretty much had the restaurant all to ourselves - it was so nice. My parents came in for the Christmas Eve service, so they were able to love on their newest granddaughters. I love that the kiddos come in their pjs every year...they always look so cute!


Had to do a collage of all of the yummy food we had on Christmas Day. We do finger foods, since we have a large meal on Thanksgiving. My Mom made her homemade biscuits on which we had little ham sandwiches - YUM! There were many sweets to be had...I'm still grazing on the snowballs and candy cane cookies that Momma made! Heather, you might recognize your black bean dip there in the pic below...it has become a family favorite! :)


We had my family over to celebrate on Christmas Day. There were WAY MORE pics than this, but I had to stop somewhere. :) When I get the pics from my S-I-L, I will share the hilarious gift that she and my brother gave Alex...we laughed SO HARD!!


The day after Christmas, we went to my Uncles house to celebrate with my Mom's side of the family. We built gingerbread houses, sang Christmas carols, and ate A LOT of food once again. I've probably gained back any weight that I had lost before the holidays, but it was so worth it! ;)


It was such a wonderful time with family. We are so blessed!!

Love to all,

10 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like you had a lot of wonderful celebrations!! And, how special to spend them with your little girl! :-)

MomMom said...

So much family fun and with a precious baby this year---priceless!!

Mazzy said...

The family and FOOD all look awesome! I am so glad your first holiday with A went so wonderfully. You are truly blessed with a lot of amazing family in your life! :)
*hugs*

{:miss v:} said...

What pretty pictures! After seeing all that food, I'm hungry!

Have a happy new year!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

I just love having a big family and all the gatherings at Christmas! hugs

love that black bean dip too! so do the Haley's, brought it wiht us to Branson!

Faith said...

Wow, you guys have done some celebrating! Love all the pics of your sweet family. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Hilary said...

How fun :)

Katie said...

Looks like ya'll were busy busy! Love the collages. I need to learn how to do this.

I don't mean to make you cry, I promise. Thank you for always being so sweet and sensitive.

The Lynchs said...

Looks like you were one busy girl! What a blessing to have to run to all those places at Christmas though - there's no kinda "busy" that I would rather be :-)

Unknown said...

The pic of Alex and Amelia - she looks just like you did. - Momma