Friday, August 21, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Baby Showers!

Kelly is hosting Show Us Your Life - Baby Showers! I thought I would join in and show a few pics from the last two baby showers I attended.

Sara and I hosted a baby shower for our friend, Rhonda, on Sunday. She's expecting her 3rd baby boy! We had a drop-in shower and she received lots of fun goodies. Rhonda had so many friends and family come out and celebrate baby Logan. We had such a good time!



We had a yummy cake...how cute is this!? Sara did a great job!


Cream cheese mints


Spicy pretzels...these are addictive!!


And refreshing lemonade!


It was a sweet shower for a sweet Mama! :)

Sara and I were asked to share the recipes for the mints and spicy pretzels, so I'm going to post them here. They are so easy and quick to make.

Cream cheese mints:
2 boxes powdered sugar
1 box cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp. peppermint flavoring
1 tsp. butter flavoring
Food coloring (optional)


Mix the above ingredients until smooth (this is the hardest part). Don't be afraid to use your hands. Once it's smooth, sprinkle sugar in the bottom of the candy molds that you choose. Roll mint into small ball and press into mold. Pop out of mold and let them dry for 24 hrs. Can store in airtight container and even freeze for days ahead of time.

Spicy Pretzels:
1 bag of pretzel sticks
1 pkg of dry ranch seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 cup of oil


Mix the above ingredients and bake at 200 degrees for 1 hr.
Cool before storing. Easy-peasy!!

I recently went to my friend, Andrea's shower...the girls that threw the shower did such a great job! She's expecting her first baby boy. Here are a few pics...

The table...


The cute cake!


Me & Andrea - showing off our babies. :)


I wish I could find pics from the shower that I threw my S-I-L a couple of years back. I lost all of my pics on my computer months back and I guess those were some of the ones I lost. :( Maybe she can find them and post some! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

11 comments:

Cornwayites said...

Okay....now I REALLY want some spicy pretzels! I love everything! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hester 5 said...

You are adorable!!! Love all of the polka dots...huge polka dot fan!!

amy said...

everything is beautiful! I am SO making the mints- YUM. That would be a great addition to R and R's bday party snacks! Thanks for the recipe ;)

YOU look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Those pictures turned out great!! And, thank you so much for sharing the yummy recipes! I don't know whether I liked the mints or the pretzels better--they were both delicious!!!

Mazzy said...

I have had some pretzels made very similarly to that and they are DELICIOUS! Yum! I love spicy things.
That second shower is awesome, they used your beautiful Tiffany blue color a lot, didn't they?!

Hilary said...

YUMMY!!! How fun :)

Unknown said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! The cakes were adorable! I am excited you shared the recipe for the cream cheese mints. As soon as I saw them, I thought, "oooh, those look good, wish I had that recipe"... then scrolled down and there it was! :)
Just think, the next baby showers will be YOURS!!! How exciting!!!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Love the polka dot cake!

becca said...

I'm sure I had gained 19 lbs when I was at your stage. I try not to keep track, too depressing! Nothing compares to the 65 I gained with Abigail EXCEPT that I weight 105 at the start of that one.

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

Oooh, I'm making those spicy pretzals tonight! ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog... I'd love to see your milk & cookie bar shower! I'm doing a cookie decorating themed birthday party for my 4yo in Dec, so I want to see all your ideas! :)

Claire said...

Too cute for words!

Cxx